For many homeowners, winter might seem like the most challenging time for lawn care, when the cold, lack of light, and snow can make keeping your greenery alive a significant challenge. However, summer comes with its own challenges that need to be addressed if you want to keep your yard looking green and pristine.
To help you keep your lawn looking its best during the summer months, the lawn care experts at CV Lawn King have put together some tips for protecting your yard against the harsher elements of the season:
- Water regularly – During the summer months, it’s important to water your lawn on a regular basis (at least twice a week) to ensure that it stays healthy and green. If you have an automatic sprinkler system, you should adjust it so that your grass gets enough moisture during hot summer days.
- Don’t over-water – It is also important to note that over-watering your lawn can be just as bad as not watering it enough. Too much water can lead to fungal diseases and other problems, so make sure you only water when necessary.
- Mow high – If there’s one thing that lawn care experts can agree on, it’s that mowing your grass too short is never a good idea. In the summer, you should set your mower blade to its highest setting and only mow once or twice a week. This will help keep your lawn healthy and looking great.
- Invest in pest management – Pests can be a big threat to your lawn during the summer months, so it’s important to take action and invest in pest management. Many organic options are available that will help keep pests away from your lawn without harming the environment.
- Minimize the damage caused by heavy foot traffic – The summer months often bring an influx of outdoor activities, and if your lawn gets heavy foot traffic, it can result in significant damage. To minimize the impact of people on your grass, try to set up pathways or mark off areas that are off-limits to foot traffic.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your yard stays healthy and green throughout the summer season! If you’re struggling with lawn care, it might be time to call the experts.
CV Lawn King offers cost-effective landscaping services and yard maintenance that will keep your lawn looking great all year long! Contact us today to learn more.